Buckwheat is a wonderful ingredient to add to your kitchen cupboard, it can be served as an alternat...
Amaranth is a nutritional powerhouse, it is protein-rich, high in fiber and naturally gluten free. A...
Steel-cut oats take a little longer to cook than rolled oats (unless they are soaked overnight). The...
Vegan Fresh Fruit Tart
A tart to cherish and pile high with delicious fresh fruit. Vegan friendly!
8 sweet biscuits (or water crackers if you’re watching the calories
about 10 pecan halves or almonds if you prefer
2 tbsp vegan butter
2 RIPE medium-sized bananas
a drop of vanilla extract
a drop of lemon juice
1 1/2 peaches
1 cup of your favourite summer berries or fruits
- For the crust, put the sweet biscuits and pecans or almonds and crush them up.
- Then melt the butter and add it to a bowl with the crust mix and mixed it up.
- Settle the crumb mixture into a greased 9” pie pan once fully saturated with the butter. If you want this to be a raw concoction, leave it as it is - if you want a firmer crust, bake in the oven at 350 for about 5-10 minutes. It’s absolutely fine to leave it raw like this, but it will be crumbly!
- For the banana “pudding”, slice up two bananas and put them into your food processor.
- Add the vanilla, lemon juice and cinnamon and pulse it up. If it seems too thin, go ahead and add some whole wheat flour. Just a little though! It will thicken up when it chills in the fridge as well. Pour over your crust and spread evenly.
- Slice up the peaches thinly and arrange on the tart base to your desire - same with the berries.