Amaranth is a nutritional powerhouse, it is protein-rich, high in fiber and naturally gluten free. A...
Steel-cut oats take a little longer to cook than rolled oats (unless they are soaked overnight). The...
Rolled oats are oat groats that have been partially cooked (steamed) then flattened with a roller. O...
Simple Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
An easy to follow no dairy and no gluten muffin recipe. Perfect for a healthy breakfast on the go or as a delicious snack for the kids.
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Flannerys Own Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Certified Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- Egg alternative – “Chia Eggs” (mix 2 tsp. of ground white chia seed with 6 Tbs. warm water, set aside for approximately 5 minutes until mixture thickens)
- 1 tsp. Corn-Free Vanilla
- 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 cup fresh, Organic Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine agave nectar and melted coconut oil and beat on high speed until thoroughly blended.
- Add in chia eggs and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Meanwhile, sift together in a bowl the almond flour, brown rice flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mix and blend well then add half of the applesauce, blend well and repeat with remaining flour mixture and applesauce.
- Fold the fresh blueberries into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin, th ebatter should be quite thick so you can fill the muffin liners to the top without fear they will spill over the top, and bake for 22 – 25 minutes. Check if they are cooked by inserting a toothpick or touching lightly on the center (the muffin will be firm to the touch; the toothpick should come out clean if cooked).
- Remove from the open and allow muffins to rest in the pan for about 10 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.