Buckwheat is a wonderful ingredient to add to your kitchen cupboard, it can be served as an alternat...
Amaranth is a nutritional powerhouse, it is protein-rich, high in fiber and naturally gluten free. A...
Steel-cut oats take a little longer to cook than rolled oats (unless they are soaked overnight). The...
Simple Caramel Dip
This delicious caramel dip is easy to make, you just need a couple of hours to soak the dates and cashews. As we see the closure of summer and prepare ourselves for the new season, celebrate the Autumn taste of crisp apples with delicious caramel dip!
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Raw Cashews
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted (around 8 to 10 dates)
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Certified Organic Maple Syrup, Grade B
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- Water for soaking dates and cashews as needed
- Place the cashews into a small bowl, fill and cover with water. Leave them to soak at room temperature for about 2 to 3 hours. Place the pitted dates into a separate small bowl, fill and and cover with water. Let soak for about 2 to 3 hours also at room temperature.
- To make the dip, drain and rinse the cashews then place them into a blender or Vita-Mix. Also drain and rinse the dates but be sure to save the water from the soaked dates! Add the dates, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt with the cashews.
- Add about 6 to 8 tablespoons of the date soaking water and blend until ultra smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Scoop out the dip and serve in small bowls paired with apples.