These beautiful jam drops are a great Christmas treat, and can be made gluten free!
A delicious Christmas favourite, with Gluten Free cherry, nut, orange and herb stuffing!
So easy to make, this Zuchini Ribbon salad will impress guests with it's simple, fresh taste!
Roast Pumpkin, Orange and Quinoa Salad
A recipe inspired by Autumn, this salad celebrates warm, sweet flavours and beautiful colours. Perfect to have for dinner or to take for lunch the next day!
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Quinoa
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 2 oranges
- 1 kg of pumpkin, diced into 1cm cubes
- 5 shallot bulbs, quartered
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups rocket or baby spinach
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place the quinoa, vegetable stock and the juice of 1 orange in a pot and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer keeping the lid on for 10-15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed. Take the mixture off the heat and set aside.
- Cut the remaining orange into wedges.
- Place a large oven tray drizzled with olive oil into the heated oven to warm the oil. Remove from the oven when oil is warmed.
- Carefully place the pumpkin pieces, shallot bulbs and orange wedges into the oven tray; toss well to coat with oil.
- Return to the oven and cook for 25 - 30 minutes the pumpkin is tender, tossing after 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Dry roast the walnuts in a hot pan for 2-3 minutes until golden; remove and set aside.
- Next, add the balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat; allow the vinegar to simmer; whisk for 4-5 minutes until reduced by half and vinegar is syrupy. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; dress with balsamic reduction to taste (2-3 tablespoons) and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a warm bowl on a bed of extra rocket or spinach drizzled with a little more balsamic reduction.