• 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
• 2 ¼ cups water
• 1 small certified organic onion, chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
• 2 tsp of Garam Masala
• 1 tbs coriander powder
• 3 tbsp tomato paste
• A couple of handfuls of chopped certified organic spinach
• 2 tbsp Flannerys Own Certified Organic Olive Oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Heat the olive oil in a small to medium pan and add the onions. Turn the heat to medium/high and sauté for 5 minutes or until they soften.
• Add the garlic and the ginger and continue to stir for a further minute or until the mixture is slightly golden brown.
• Add the garam masala and coriander and stir for another 30 seconds to coat.
• Add the lentils and water and bring to boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15-20 min, be sure to check the lentils as you don’t want them to go mushy.
• Add the tomato paste and the spinach leaves and stir to combine.
• Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.