Buckwheat is a wonderful ingredient to add to your kitchen cupboard, it can be served as an alternat...
Amaranth is a nutritional powerhouse, it is protein-rich, high in fiber and naturally gluten free. A...
Steel-cut oats take a little longer to cook than rolled oats (unless they are soaked overnight). The...
Pumpkin and Goji Fritters
The Amazing Goji Berry – Much more than just a Great Superfood!
Goji Berries are a delicious, gentle and soothing tonic fruit that is loaded with available vitality. The Goji Berry is rich in antioxidants that can protect skin and cells from the harmful effects of free radicals. It contains amino acids, fatty acids, more Beta Carotene than carrots, and 500 times more Vitamin C by weight than oranges! It also contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E.
• 75gm Flannerys Own Certified Organic Goji Berries
• 500gm pumpkin
• 4 tbsp brown sugar
• 125gm flour
• 2 eggs
• Flannerys Own Organic Coconut Oil for frying
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• Salt to taste
• Pre-soak the Goji berries in water for 1 hour.
• Chop the pumpkin into small cubes then steam for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain off the water, then puree or mash.
• Mix the drained Goji berries with the pumpkin, sugar, flour, eggs and salt.
• Heat the oil in frying pan and cook the mixture in dollops for 8 – 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
• Drain on some paper towel. Dust with cinnamon and sugar and serve immediately.