Buckwheat is a wonderful ingredient to add to your kitchen cupboard, it can be served as an alternat...
Amaranth is a nutritional powerhouse, it is protein-rich, high in fiber and naturally gluten free. A...
Steel-cut oats take a little longer to cook than rolled oats (unless they are soaked overnight). The...
Prawns with Thai Peanut Sauce
Another one of the great uses of peanut butter is for a peanut sauce, which is common in certain types of Asian cuisine. This is one of my favourite peanut butter recipes, and also happens to be one of my favourite prawn recipes. The mix of spiciness with saltiness makes this amazing!
• 1/2 tablespoon garlic
• 1 tablespoon ginger
• 2 tablespoon coriander
• Juice from 1 lime
• 2 tablespoon sugar
• 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Certified Organic peanut butter
• 1/2 tablespoon chilli pepper flakes
• 2 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 cup coconut milkPrawns
• 20 large prawns
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 tablespoon garlic
• 1 tablespoon coriander
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Mince first 4 ingredients and mix in with all other ingredients in the first list until well blended. Set aside.
• For the prawns, heat oil in saucepan, mince garlic and coriander and add to saucepan, followed by turmeric. Sautees for 1 minute, then add prawns. Sautee until cooked through.
• Serve with peanut sauce on top and enjoy!
• Fantastic served on their own as an entree, or with a crisp green salad as a main course.