• 425gm refrigerated or frozen piecrust (normal or gluten free)
• 3 large eggs
• 1/2 cup barley malt syrup
• 1 cup brown rice syrup
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 2 cups pecan halves
• Whipped cream, mint sprigs, ground nutmeg and broken cinnamon sticks, for garnish.
• Preheat oven to 190c.
• Unroll piecrust on a flat surface; roll to a 330mm circle. Cut 4 x 150mm rounds; press each into a 100mm round tart pan. Repeat procedure with remaining piecrust.
• Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add barley malt syrup, rice syrup, spices, butter and salt; mix well. • Stir in flour. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture; pour remaining mixture into tart shells.
• Arrange pecan halves over filling. Drizzle with remaining syrup mixture.
• Bake for 40 minutes, or until firm in the centre. Remove from oven and cool.
• Garnish just before serving.