Buckwheat is a wonderful ingredient to add to your kitchen cupboard, it can be served as an alternat...
Amaranth is a nutritional powerhouse, it is protein-rich, high in fiber and naturally gluten free. A...
Steel-cut oats take a little longer to cook than rolled oats (unless they are soaked overnight). The...
Peanut Butter Cups
A healthier alternative recipe perfect to make with the kids. And you can easily adjust the nut butter or sweetener to satisfy and suit your taste buds!
- 1/4 cup Flannerys Own Certified Organic Cacao Powder (plus more to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons Flannerys Own Certified Organic Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Flannerys Own Peanut Butter* (or other nut butter to suit)
- 5 teaspoons Flannerys Own Certified Organic Honey
- 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Tiny pinch fine sea salt
- Heat the coconut oil, cocoa powder, and peanut butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture is smooth and liquefied.
- Remove from heat and stir vanilla and honey into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into silicone moulds, silicone muffins cups or paper mini muffin liners in a mini muffin pan. (makes approximately 14)
- Place the moulds with the mixture in the freezer until the mixture sets.
- After the mixture has set (approximately 10-20 minutes), pop them out of the silicone moulds and store them in the freezer or store the treats in the fridge for a fudge-like consistency.