• 1 cup Flannerys Own Walnuts (not soaked)
• 1 cup medjool dates
• 2 cups grated raw carrots (remove as much excess moisture as possible)
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ginger
• Dash nutmeg
• 1/8 tsp sea salt
• 3/4 cup raisins
• 2tbs Flannerys Own Chia Seeds
• 1 cup cashews, soaked for 1 or so hours
• 6 pitted medjool dates, also soaked 1+ hours (you can soak them together with the cashews!)
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 2 Tbs Flannerys Own Certified Organic Coconut Oil
• Pinch of sea salt
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• Process the dates and walnuts in a food processor fitted with the S blade until combined but not a paste.
• Add grated carrots, chia seeds and spices. Process till the mix has taken the form of smooth “dough.”
• Add raisins and pulse to combine. Push the carrot cake dough into cupcake moulds and refrigerate while you make the frosting.
• For the frosting: rinse cashews and dates of their soak water, and place in a food processor with vanilla extract, coconut oil, salt and lemon. Process until the mixture is pasty and well combined. Add just enough water as the motor is running to get the frosting smooth and creamy. Allow for frosting to set for 15minutes.
• Remove cupcakes from the fridge, frost and enjoy!