• 1 1/2 cups (200gm) dry quinoa
• 4 lamb backstraps (about 200gm each)
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons lemon thyme leaves
• 2 small fennel bulbs, trimmed, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
• Lemon wedges and harissa or chilli sauce to serve
• Cook quinoa in a large pan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
• Meanwhile, rub lamb with mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
• Heat a large lightly oiled non-stick pan on medium-high heat.
• Cook lamb for 3 minutes each side for medium-rare or to your liking. Remove from heat and rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
• Toss quinoa with remaining ingredients and season. Thickly slice lamb and serve on quinoa with lemon and harissa/chilli sauce.