• 1 cup Rice Flour
• 3/4 cup Flaked Millet
• 1/2 cup Flannerys Own Certified Organic Desiccated Coconut
• 3/4 cup Flannerys Own Certified Organic Sesame Seeds
• 3/4 cup Flannerys Own Certified Organic Sultanas or Mixed Dried Fruit
• 3/4 cup Flannerys Own Certified Organic Honey
• 3/4 cup Flannerys Own Certified Organic Coconut Oil
Preheat the oven to 200degrees C. In a bowl, mix the flour, flaked millet, desiccated coconut, sesame seeds and sultanas. In a saucepan, melt the honey and coconut oil together. Once these have melted, add them to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. CAUTION – IT WILL BE HOT!!!
• Once mixed, press the ingredients into a baking papered ovenproof dish (baking paper is recommended) with your spoon, then smooth it out with your hands and score (it will have cooled by this stage).
• Place the slice in the preheated oven for approximately 20minutes.
• The slice will brown around the edges and will still appear slightly moist when done.
• Once cooked, remove the slice from the oven and re-score. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes then, holding the edges of the excess baking paper, gently lift the whole thing out of the dish and slide the slice onto a cooling rack.
• Once on the rack, move the squares apart to allow them to cool.
• Once cool, store the slice in an air tight container. It will keep for up to a week. Freeze if keeping for an extended period and defrost when required.
Things to note: The mix will appear very oily to begin with and the oil will sit on the top for quite some time whilst cooking. Depending on the oven, it will brown around the edges or brown all over. You don't want it to be completely dry when you remove it from the oven as when it cools it would then be too dry and crumbly.
Curtsey of www.brani.co.uk