Amaranth is a nutritional powerhouse, it is protein-rich, high in fiber and naturally gluten free. A...
Steel-cut oats take a little longer to cook than rolled oats (unless they are soaked overnight). The...
Rolled oats are oat groats that have been partially cooked (steamed) then flattened with a roller. O...
Egg and Spinach Quiche Cups
A simple, no crust, and low calorie recipe perfect to kick start your day, or perfect for a light snack.
200g fresh baby spinach
3/4 cup egg whites
3/4 cup shredded low fat cheese
1/4 cup red capsicum, diced
1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- In a medium frying pan, cook diced onion over medium-high heat until translucent and tender. Add in fresh spinach and cook until just wilted. Set aside to cool for a few minutes
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
- Combine the egg, cheese, mushrooms, capsicum, spinach and onions in a bowl.
- Add hot sauce to taste. (optional)
- Divide evenly among the cups.
- Bake at 200 for 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- They may be frozen if desired.
- Makes six muffin cups.