• 2 medium Organic Apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm chunks(or fruit that is in season)
• 300g Organic Plums, halved and seeded
• 1 - 2 tbs Flannerys Own Maple Syrup
• 1 tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
• 2 Organic Eggs
• 50g Xylitol (or golden caster sugar if you prefer)
• 45g White Spelt Flour
• Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and prepare a baking dish (approximately 23x16x4cm) or individual ramekins.
• Add the fruit to a medium size saucepan with the maple syrup and vanilla. Cover and cook over a low to medium heat for 10 minutes until the plum and apples have begun to sweat out their juices.
• Remove the lid and slightly increase the heat to medium and cook for approximately 8 minutes until the juices have reduced but there is still some sauce.
• Pour into baking dish or ramekins.
• Beat the eggs and sugar with electric beaters until doubled in size, thick and pale in colour, and when the beaters are lifted and a little mixture drizzles back into the bowl, it holds its shape.
• Sieve the flour into the mixture and fold through with a spatula.
• Pour the egg mixture over the fruit and place in the oven.
• Cook for 20 - 30 minutes or until the sponge is set, when it springs back up when gently touched with your fingertip.
• Serve warm.