Refreshing and light, this easy summer treat is great to keep on hand this summer!
Super easy summer salad - great to impress your guests with!
Gluten and grain free, this healthy breakfast alternative to cereal is packed full of protein and an...
Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
No other cookie says Christmas like Gingerbread cookies! A timeless Christmas treat.
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 cup unsulphured molasses
5 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½ ground cloves
4 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp water
225 g powder sugar
1 egg white
1 tbsp water or lemon juice
- Mix softened butter and sugar till creamy. Add eggs, molasses and water and mix well. Mix the dry ingredients together then blend into butter mixture.
- Wrap dough in two portions with cling wrap and chill for two hours or if you don't have the time, freeze for 40 minutes.
- Roll out dough onto lightly floured surface and cut out shapes using your favourite Christmas cookie cutters.
- Place cookies an inch apart on baking sheets and bake for 5 minutes on 175 degrees.
- Cool completely before decorating with royal icing.
- Royal Icing
Mix the ingredients to a smooth paste, the water or juice may not be needed, if the mixture feels pipe-able enough without it.
You can dye the icing with food coloring, if you fancy different colors than pure white.