Amaranth is a nutritional powerhouse, it is protein-rich, high in fiber and naturally gluten free. A...
Steel-cut oats take a little longer to cook than rolled oats (unless they are soaked overnight). The...
Rolled oats are oat groats that have been partially cooked (steamed) then flattened with a roller. O...
Brussel Sprouts and Pistachios
Christmas dinner isn’t the same without Brussel Sprouts. This is one of our favourites and so easy to make.
250gm Brussel sprouts
2 tablespoons Flannerys Own olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup pistachio nuts
- Clean the Brussel sprouts and cut a small X on the bottom (stem side).
- Place in a steamer and steam for 5-8 minutes until soft but still retaining their colour.
- Meanwhile, blend the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper together and chop or slice the pistachios.
- When the Brussel sprouts are ready, place in a serving dish and drizzle the olive oil mixture over them.
- Sprinkle the pistachios on top and serve.