• 225gm pasta, I like penne for this dish
• Salt (to taste)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tbsp pinenuts
• 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
• 450gm broccoli, chopped (peel and chop stem, too, if you like)
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Freshly shredded Parmesan
• Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp salt and cook the pasta until tender to the bite. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid, and drain the pasta.
• Return the pot to the stove and heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and pinenuts and cook, stirring, until pinenuts start to turn golden.
• Add olives and stir to combine. Add broccoli and stir to combine. Add about 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta-cooking liquid, cover, and cook until broccoli is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
• Add noodles and the remaining 1/2 cup pasta-cooking liquid. Stir to combine and cook until liquid is absorbed/evaporated.
• Serve topped with black pepper and cheese to taste