Amaranth is a nutritional powerhouse, it is protein-rich, high in fiber and naturally gluten free. A...
Steel-cut oats take a little longer to cook than rolled oats (unless they are soaked overnight). The...
Rolled oats are oat groats that have been partially cooked (steamed) then flattened with a roller. O...
Banana and Oat Cookies
A delicious healthy treat the entire family will enjoy.
- 2 1/2 cups Flannerys Own Certified Organic rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 – 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup walnut or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or macadamia nuts
- 2 1/4 cup sliced bananas
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine rolled oats, salt, flax seeds and cinnamon in a bowl. Add oil and mix to blend. Set aside.
- Mash bananas with a fork or in blender. Add nuts and bananas to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture across 2 unoiled cooking sheets.
- Flatten cookies to about 15cms across with a fork or spatula.
- Bake on a high rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently press each cookie with a fork to flatten further. Return cookies to the oven and bake another 8-10 minutes.