Amaranth is a nutritional powerhouse, it is protein-rich, high in fiber and naturally gluten free. A...
Steel-cut oats take a little longer to cook than rolled oats (unless they are soaked overnight). The...
Rolled oats are oat groats that have been partially cooked (steamed) then flattened with a roller. O...
Apple and Oat Fritters
Deliciously served with a drizzle of Flannerys Own Certified Organic Maple Syrup.
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- a handful of raw pecans/walnuts
- 250g Flannerys Own Certified Organic spelt flour (plain, wholemeal or a mixture of both)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 350g rice or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Flannerys Own coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Flannerys Own Organic raw honey
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- Grate apples, pecans and walnuts in a food processor for 3 seconds, or by hand.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and mix until well blended.
- Melt a tablespoon of Flannerys Own coconut oil in a frying pan and cook fritters over low heat, turning over when the mixture starts to bubble. Add a little coconut oil between each batch to make the outside crispy - yum!
- Great to serve plain or drizzled with apple juice concentrate or Flannerys Own Certified Organic Maple Syrup.