Write down the number of yes/no answers. Do You Frequently:
1. Neglect your diet?
2. Try to do everything yourself?
3. Blow up easily?
4. Seek unrealistic goals?
5. Fail to see the humour in situations others find funny?
6. Act rude?
7. Make a 'big deal' of everything?
8. Look to other people to make things happen?
9. Have difficulty making decisions
10. Complain you are disorganised?
11. Avoid people whose ideas are different from your own?
12. Keep everything inside?
13. Neglect exercise?
14. Have few supportive relationships?
15. Use sleeping pills and tranquilizers without a doctor's approval?
16. Get too little rest?
17. Get angry when you are kept waiting?
18. Ignore stress symptoms?
19. Put things off until later?
20. Think there is only one right way to do something?
21. Fail to build relaxation time into your day?
23. Race through the day?
24. Spend a lot of time complaining about the past?
25. Fail to get a break from noise and crowds?
What’s your Stress Score:
Count the number of yes responses you made and check your stress rating below:
1-6: There are few hassles in your life. Make sure though that you are not trying so hard to avoid problems that you shy away from challenges.
7-13: You seem to have your stress levels under fairly good control. Work on the choices and habits that may be causing some unnecessary stress in your life.
14-20: You could be approaching a danger zone. You may well be suffering stress related symptoms and your relationships could be strained. A careful re-evaluation of your situation may be needed to help get things under control.
21 or more: You may be facing a stress emergency. You should slow down, re-think how you are living and look at your attitudes, and start to pay attention to diet, exercise and relaxation. You may benefit from professional advice.